We wrote about 3 reasons your content marketing isn’t working. To give you a quick refresher, here they are:
- Mistake #1 You don’t own your voice.
- Mistake #2 You’re a copycat.
- Mistake #3 You write what you want to consume, not what your audience wants.
If you missed the first article, and want to check out what to do instead, you can read the article above.
If you’re ready for more common mistakes and tips, then continue reading. Here are three more reasons why your content marketing is failing in case the first three weren’t enough.
3 More Content Marketing Mistakes:
Mistake #4 You got lazy.
You got lazy and maybe a bit full of yourself because you thought publishing content was all you needed to do. You expected it to be shared organically. While this is definitely the goal, it doesn’t always happen. You have to push it. Publish it on social media and engage with people as much as possible. Push it to people you honestly think would be interested in it.
Mistake #5 You didn’t bait the hook.
Your title/headline is the hook. You have to put solid effort into creating a title that is informative and interesting. People will decide whether to click or not based on the title above anything else. You can’t catch fish if you don’t bait the hook.
Mistake #6 You didn’t learn.
How do you know your content is working or not if you don’t pay attention to the analytics? Check in with those frequently and make a game plan to improve low views, clicks, and engagements. Find out what worked and what didn’t and make sure you adjust as you learn what your audience wants.
The Good News
The good news is you’re not out of the game yet. Go back to your content and review it with these things in mind. Did you make any of these mistakes? Fix them, re-publish, make better content next time and you’ll see what content marketing can really do for you and your brand.
Remember, content marketing can be a great asset for your company.
- It associates your brand with positive industry elements and creates an engaging environment.
- It organically improves SEO and increases traffic to your website where you can capture new leads and sales
- It can lead to increased name recognition and reach, especially through the use of social media.
- It creates a loyal fan base of people who keep coming back for more useful and interesting information.
If you’re looking for help with content marketing, or consulting on strategy, hit us up! You can fill in the form on this page, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to help companies make great content and you can be our next!
- Share your content on social media.
- Create interesting headlines.
- Use analytics and insights for quality improvement.
- The cool thing about digital content is: you can always edit it. Have fun!