Roles at Pixel506
Senior Ruby on Rail developer
As a Senior Developer, you will develop and maintain cutting-edge, complex, and highly scalable web applications using open-source technology. In addition, the right candidate will have hands-on experience as a key contributor to the growth and evolution of technologies and systems built by the client. The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and will also be a critical thinker.
- 5+ years of software development experience and proven experience utilizing Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years of software development experience and proven experience utilizing React.
- Experience with Linux systems
- Distributed architecture experience.
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience developing RESTful web service
- Expert object-oriented programmer in Ruby
- Solid Ruby on Rails core concepts knowledge (including gems)
- Solid principles and Design Patterns knowledge/experience.
- Experience working with Behavior/Test Driven Development, such as RSpec
- Front End Skills
- Develop high-quality code to meet the continued business needs for new application features and refinement of existing functionality.
- Identifying and rectifying coding issues or bugs in new or existing tools
- Contribute to architecture direction and discussions and assist in the progressive evolution of our existing codebase.
- Analyze high-level requirements and write detailed functional code to meet the requirements.
- Writing maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- Assessing the impact of production system changes to the existing features.