What is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound marketing, also known as digital marketing, includes all types of marketing and advertising methods that companies use to select groups of consumers with a proven interest in their products or services. Examples include content marketing services, search engine optimization services (SEO), paid media services, and social media marketing services.
What is Outbound Marketing?
Outbound marketing, also known as traditional marketing, includes all types of marketing and advertising methods that companies use to reach a large group of consumers who may or may not be interested in the products or services that the company offers. Examples include billboards, print ads, and TV commercials.
Inbound Marketing vs. Outbound Marketing
Inbound marketing pulls those who need or want your product or service, whereas outbound marketing pushes your messages to everybody, regardless of their interest in your content or company. When executed right, both marketing strategies can be effective in their own ways.
|Inbound marketing||Outbound marketing|
|Examples: content marketing, SEO, social media marketing||Examples: billboards, print ads, TV commercials|
|Pull tactics||Push tactics|
|Two-way communication||One-way communication|
|Provides value to customers||Provides little value to customers|
|Customers come to you||Customers are sought after|
What marketing strategy is best for your business?
Inbound marketing offers a lot of advantages including speed, real-time feedback, a wealth of measurement tools, and lower costs ― inbound marketing costs 62% less while outbound marketing costs are increasing every year. Yet marketers tend to spend 90% of their budget on outbound marketing and only 10% on inbound marketing.
For most businesses, it would be beneficial to devote more of their marketing resources to inbound marketing. However, just because your business uses inbound marketing doesn't mean you can't also use outbound marketing. Depending on the product or service that you are aiming to sell, a combination of these two strategies is often the best approach for a comprehensive marketing strategy.
If you don’t have a marketing strategy services, or if you’re not sure your marketing strategy is quite up to par, we can help you. Our experts can reassess your current efforts, identify your ideal audiences, and develop and execute a marketing strategy that matches your business goals.
How to improve your marketing strategy
With consumers increased expectations and demands, creating a successful marketing strategy is more important than ever. We share four tips on how to improve your marketing strategy.
- Up your social media game: By creating targeted audiences on social media, you can reach people defined by specific behaviors and demographics, who are most likely to be interested in your products or services.
- Maximize your SEO: By improving your SEO, you will reach and engage more potential customers and increase your chances of bringing in more targeted organic traffic
- Invest in content marketing: Using content marketing, you can build trust and brand recognition with your audience simply by offering tips and advice.
- Embrace inbound marketing: By devoting more time, resources, or money into inbound marketing, you can avoid time-consuming marketing initiatives and create brand advocates and return customers instead.
Creative agencies, such as Pixel506, offer a variety of services that can help you improve or develop your marketing strategy, including branding, marketing and social media strategy, content creation, digital design, editorial design, copywriting, video production and more.
- Outbound marketing is a traditional form of marketing in which a company initiates contact with potential customers, or leads.
- Inbound marketing is a more non-invasive form of marketing in which a company focuses on pulling audiences in instead of going out to get prospects’ attention.
- Depending on the product or service that your business offers, a combination of inbound and outbound marketing is often the best approach for a comprehensive marketing strategy.
- If you don’t have a marketing strategy, or if you’re not sure your marketing strategy is quite up to par, creative agencies such as Pixel506 can help you.
Pixel506 is a nearshore Costa Rica end-to-end solutions company that helps companies with creative solutions, strategies, technology, and design. Our experts offer business consulting and advisory services for businesses of all sizes. We can develop a marketing strategy using both inbound marketing and/or outbound marketing to help you drive new leads and meet your goals. Would you like to get to know us better and realize great projects together? Then don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.